The FRN Family Involvement (FI) Standards are part of the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health/ Intellectual disAbility Services Practice Guidelines
Statement of Purpose:
Family Inclusion certification is designed to help providers implement best practices in family inclusion.
Summary of Best Practice Standards:
To conform to FRN FI Best Practice Standards, providers must, at a minimum, adopt the following as formal policies and procedures, and formally monitor participant records for documentation of the ongoing use of these practices.
Click a title below to see the full description.
1. Obtain a Release of Information
2. Contact the Family
3. Offer Ongoing Support, Guidance, and Resources to all Families
4. Engage the Participant in Conversation around Family
5. Engage Family in Recovery Planning
6. Provide All Staff Regular Training &Supervision Around Family Inclusion
7. Formally Monitor Ongoing Staff Family Inclusion Practices
8. Collect Regular Feedback from Family
9. Recruit Family to Serve on Boards, Committees, or Other Advocacy Groups
We provide support for family members, significant persons, professionals, and others supporting someone with a behavioral health disorder.
Our hope is that your journey through our site will broaden awareness of the variety of supportive and educational behavioral health information and resources available in Philadelphia, statewide, and nationally.